Thursday, October 29, 2009

Three Day Road

In the book Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden, I chose a quote which deals with the cruelness that happens today and also in the past. The quote is "When I was caught speaking my tounge, they'd force lye soap into my mouth and not give me anything else to eat for days". People across the world do do these kind of things to there own families and friends for different purposes. Some religions ban people from speaking other languages and just to speak there tounge for the rest of there lives, and if you were to disobey and to speak a different language then you would face the horrible consiquences. I found out some information of people getting whipped because they chose to be free and do something new, for this perticular reason it was for cutting his hair. People should be free and chose what they want to do with there life and dont let anyone control it. In the past people would usually get killed because of little reasons like cutting there hair, speaking of different language, or even showing your face. If it was me in someone elses shoes who was getting tortured, I wouldnt be able to take it because I cant take that kind of stuff. I would fight back and do something about it, and if I failed, I would know that I tried my best to fight for what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment