Thursday, September 24, 2009

Basketball

Every since the first time I watched a NBA basketball game on TV, I have always wanted to play. I started playing basketball on a school team in grade 4. We didn't actually have games against other schools. It was more like a camp. We did a lot of different types of drills which taught us the basics of basketball. I was probably one of the worst players on the court. When I realized that I wanted to get somewhere with the game, I would have to practice really hard. This year I got the Athelete of the year award, was not easy to get. Had to go through a lot of challenges and rough times during basketball games and volleyball games too. Most players in high school play there sports during the years and stop when they graduate. I don't want that, I want to continue on and hopefully play basketball for a University team or if that does not happen then I would join a club team or a community team. I have seen old Friends that have graduated from high school that played basketball through there four years in school and stopped, and the result of that they gained an extreme amount of weight and got lazier than ever. That is another reason I do not want to stop playing the sport. Whenever there was a game to be played or a tournament, It wasn't about winning that I cared about the most, it still was important but not as important as playing the game I play to have fun and learn.

1 comment:

  1. What I really enjoyed best about this blog post is that you related the subject to yourself with your own personal connections. I like that you are very dedicated to basketball and that you're motivated to do well in it. It really made the story interesting to read. Good job.

    ReplyDelete